The St. Lucy’s Primary School is situated at Trents, in the parish of St. Lucy. St. Lucy’s Primary School went through many changes from the year 1932 until 1951 when it fell in line with the trend of modernization.
The transition involved the removal of the school from Durhams, in the parish of St. Lucy to Trents, where it was located until presently.
The school was temporarily housed in the old All Saints Boys’ School Building at Pleasant Hall, St. Peter when it was being refurbished as part of the Education Sector Enhancement Programme. It is back to its location at Trent’s , St. Lucy under the Principalship of Mrs., Cynthia Robinson.
Through the years, it was headed by Mrs. E. Dottin, Ms. E. Dowding, Mrs. Nicholls, Mr. E. Thomas, Mr. D. Goring, Ms. M. Thompson, Mrs. N. Springer and Mrs. M. Matthew.
There is an active Prefect Body which comprises of:
Head Boy, Head Girl, Deputy Head Boy, Deputy Head Girl and over a dozen prefects.